POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mesh2 uv_vectors problem : Re: Mesh2 uv_vectors problem Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:18:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh2 uv_vectors problem
From: Rune
Date: 15 Jan 2001 12:19:45
Message: <3a633131@news.povray.org>
"Chris Huff" wrote:
> #macro UVTri(PointA, PointB, PointC, UVA, UVB, UVC, Texture)
>     #local Tex = texture {Texture ...put your UV mapping transformations
> here...}
>     triangle {PointA, PointB, PointC texture {Tex}}
> #end

That's basically what I'm doing.

> You said the problem was that you couldn't use an ordinary mesh
> ...not that the number of textures used up too much memory.

I mentioned two solutions, A) and B). Only A) was about not using the mesh
block.
B) was about the number of textures, although I didn't directly say that the
memory was the problem.

> If you simply can't handle that number of textures, then
> the only solution is to wait for the UV mapping to be
> fixed to allow 3D vectors

How much memory do textures consume (not a very simple texture, but an
average complicated one)? Would it be a lot if say 3000 unique textures were
needed? (3000 triangles in a mesh is not even very much, is it?)

> or do figure out a way to do something similar with 2D vectors.

I don't think that's possible.

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 6)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org